Skin aging is a complex process that not only occurs naturally throughout life but is accelerated by skin’s exposure to ever-changing conditions. Lifestyle factors such as diet and smoking, as well as environmental exposures to low humidity environs, genotoxic chemicals, air-borne pollutants and of course sun light play significant roles in skin aging. Optimal skin protection requires new ingredient capable of safeguarding skin’s integrity more comprehensively
Synoxyl® AZ (INCI: Acetyl Zingerone) was designed as a multi-targeted antiaging active in order to stop aging before it happens and to reverse key signs of photo-damaged skin. Synoxyl® AZ goes above and beyond the UV-protection provided by sunscreen actives. While both will prevent DNA damage, only Synoxyl® AZ nurtures skin’s own ability to maintain the integrity of the ECM for optimal health and appearance throughout life.
- All-in-one – Quencher, Antioxidant & Selective Chelator –First-in-the Industry
- Reduces both immediate & delayed skin damage (↓CPDs) –First-in-the Industry
- Protects mitochondria from oxidative stress
- Maintains Extracellular Matrix (ECM) protein homeostasis by stimulating transforming growth factor ß (TGF-ß), consequently, key ECM genes/proteins, matrix metalloproteases (MMPs) & tissue inhibitory metalloproteases (TIMPs)
- Placebo controlled clinical studies revealed significant improvement in skin defense & reduction in multiple signs of photo-aging without using sunscreens